Wednesday, August 12, 2009

15 hours of Confusion...

Some days I feel as if I work on a psych/Alzheimer/critical care unit! Today my joint replacement turned confused...we had a blast! First we played a game of how many IV's can one pt pull out! She won after 4! Then she shared her lunch with me (by spiting mash potatoes in my face). The icing on the cake was her family (who didn't have anesthesia) was as crazy as she was!

I often wonder if the family members realize how crazy they are? Do they not realize it's not the nurses fault that their mom has pulled out every IV line? I can not sit at her side! I have 4 other pts just as needy as her! Do they not realize it's not cute for their mom to spit mash potatoes at her nurse- - why are they standing in the room while I feed their mom?!? Help! You can help! She is YOUR mother! Don't get me wrong- I am feeding your mom because I care about her well being- but if your free and staying through the meal - - STEP UP and help out!

Today was a long day! All but 1 of my 5 pts were confused! I am home- and ready to hit the sack! More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment